Hi there! Thank you for your interest in joining my Mandala Summer Cardigan Crochet Along!
What is a crochet along (CAL)?
A crochet along is when a pattern is broken up into parts and a group works on each section at the same time. It’s fun because you can share your progress with each other and ask questions!
I like to do things pretty casual for a crochet along. There is no “signing up” to join, you simply follow along with the pattern as the different sections get posted! The best way to stay updated on release dates and things is to join my FACEBOOK GROUP and/or SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER.
Be sure to join my Facebook group HERE for the lastest details, to ask questions, share your work, and talk with fellow crocheters!
**When requesting to join the Facebook group please, please answer the membership questions. Your request will not be approved otherwise**
We will work on the Mandala Summer Cardigan over the course of 4 weeks from June 9 – June 30. For week 1, we will start on the center of the mandala and then finish the mandala in week 2. In week 3, the mandala is turned into a large square. Lastly, in week 4 we’ll finish up with sewing and adding the front tie. And you’ll have a cute, summery cardigan you can wear to the beach or pool!
Each week a new part of the pattern will be posted. It will be posted on Friday’s at 6 AM PST. I’ll have a printable PDF for that week’s part of the pattern available for FREE on my blog (along with a video tutorial).
Below I’ve listed the materials, pattern notes, sizing & gauge so you can be ready to go on June 9th!
PIN this post for later HERE
Add to your Ravelry Queue HERE
WeCrochet CotLin in Flamingo (1 skeins), Conch (1 skein), Whisper (1 skein), Chicory (1 skein), Beach Glass (2 skeins), Marina (2 skeins), and Swan (6 for S/M, 7 for L/XL, 8 for 2X/3X)
G/4.0 mm hook (or whatever hook needed to obtain gauge)
· The pattern is a cocoon style cardigan. It is a rectangle folded and sewn to make a cardigan shape.
· The width of the rectangle will determine the length of the sleeves. The width is from the end of one sleeve to the other.
· The length of the rectangle is the length of the entire cardigan from the top to bottom.
· This pattern is written in sizes S – 3X. The sweater is meant to fit loose with some positive ease. The sizing can be adjusted by simply changing the size of the finished rectangle.
· Creating your own measurements for a cocoon sweater is simple. You can measure where you want the sleeves to start, across your back to the opposite sleeve. Then, in the 3rd part, continue the pattern repeat until the square is the desired width. This pattern is a square, so the length will match the width.
· Any DK weight yarn would work great for this pattern. I used a DK weight cotton/linen blend.
· The colors in the materials list are listed in order of use. From the center outward.
Approx Finished Size:
Bust: S/M (38”) L/XL (46”) 2X/3X (54”)
Length: S/M (30”) L/XL (38”) 2X/3X (46”)
Size S/M pictured. I am 5’0″ with 34″ bust.
Gauge: 6 V st x 8 rows = 4″x 4″
To make a swatch ch a multiple of 3 + 2,
V st – (dc, ch 1, dc) all in 1 stitch
Row 1: v st in the 5th ch from the hook, *skip 2 chains, v st in next* repeat across to last 3 chs, skip 2, dc in last
Row 2: ch 3, turn, v st in each ch-1 space across, dc in turning ch
Repeat row 2 for pattern
Get your yarn ready & we’ll get started on June 9th!
If you have any questions please feel free to post them here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post them in our Facebook group!
Only registered users can comment.
This looks fun! Do you know the approximate total yardage used? I’d actually like to make it in just one color.
Hi! I used about 350g for a S/M 🙂
Roger that! Thanks 💜
What a great CAL! The cocoon cardigan is just lovely!! Thank you for inviting me!