The Waterfall Shawl Crochet Pattern is a quick make that’s all half double crochet! It’s a great boomerang style shawl that is beginner level.
For this shawl I used just 2 100g skeins of worsted weight yarn. I used yarn from my KnitCrate subscription box. The yarn I used is 2 skeins in very similar colors so there is a small fading of the two colors. I think a bright contrast would be so fun, too!
More Homemade Happiness:
Waterfall Shawl Crochet Pattern
– Get the full pattern below or purchase the ad-free, printable PDF in my Etsy Shop or Ravelry Shop
– PIN for later HERE
– Add to your Ravelry Queue HERE
200g worsted weight yarn – I used Knitologie Worsted from KnitCrate in 2 colors
J/6.0 mm hook
Pattern notes & Stitches to Know
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
hdc2tog – half double crochet 2 together (half double crochet decrease)
· written in US terms
· ch 2 does not count as hdc
· This shawl is an asymmetrical shape. One side will gradually increase while the other side gradually decreases, creating the “boomerang” style shape.
· This shawl is worked with 2 colors, they are referred to as color A and color B in the pattern. Start with color A for rows 1 – 42. Alternate color A and B every 2 rows through 62. Color B for the remainder.
Gauge: 11 hdc x 12 rows = 4” x 4”
Approximate Finished Size: 56” x 43” x 30”
WATERFALL SHAWL CROCHET PATTERN
starting with color A, Ch 14
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from the hook, hdc in same stitch, 2 hdc in next, hdc across to last 2, hdc2tog (13 hdc)
Row 2: ch 2, turn, hdc2tog, hdc in each stitch across to last 2 stitches, 2 hdc in each of the last 2 stitches (14 hdc)
Row 3: ch 2, turn, 2 hdc in first 2 stitches, hdc in each stitch across to last 2 stitches, hdc2tog (15 hdc)
Repeat rows 2 & 3 to Row 80
Fasten off. Weave in the ends.