The Granny Stripe Scarf Crochet Pattern is super easy and it comes out in a super size – which I love!
This pattern requires just under 400g of worsted weight yarn. I think a self striping yarn cake would be perfect for this project! I used yarn from KnitCrate.
More Hooked on Homemade Happiness:
Granny Stripe Scarf Crochet Pattern
– Get the full pattern below or download the ad-free, printable PDF for free HERE
– PIN for later HERE
– Add to your Ravelry Queue HERE
400g worsted weight yarn
J/6.0 mm hook
K/6.5 mm hook
Pattern notes & stitches to know
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
CL – cluster – group of 3 dc in one space
· written in US terms
· ch 1 does not count as sc
· ch 3 counts as dc
· The foundation row is made with the K hook. The remainder of the pattern is with the J.
· For the stripes, I used 4 colors and did 2 rows of each color. I repeated that sequence 2 more times for a total of 24 rows of granny stripes.
Approximate Finished Size (not including fringe): 70″ X 11.5″
GRANNY STRIPE SCARF CROCHET PATTERN
Starting with a K/6.5 mm hook, ch 2
Row 1: starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, foundation sc 178 (any multiple of 3 + 1) (178 sc)
Change to J/6.0 mm hook
Row 2: ch 3, turn, dc in same stitch, *skip 2 stitches, CL in next stitch* repeat from * to * across (178 dc)
Row 3: ch 3, CL in the space between the CL in each space across, dc in turning ch (179 dc)
Row 4: ch 3, turn, dc in same stitch, CL in the space between the CL in each space across, 2 dc in turning ch space (178 dc)
Row 5 – 25: repeat rows 3 & 4 (or until desired width)
Fasten off. Weave in the ends.
I added 12 sections of fringe on each end. Each fringe has six 10” pieces of yarn. Then I trimmed and steamed the fringe for a finished look.
And you’re done! I hope you love this scarf!