The Slightly Twisted Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern only looks like it’s twisted. It’s all in the sewing! If you know how to crochet a rectangle, you can definitely make this ear warmer.
Let’s talk yarn! I used bulky weight (category 5) yarn in the colorway Scattered Thoughts. The yarn is available in my shop! With one skein you can make 2 kid’s size ear warmers, or 1 adult and 1 kid’s!
More Homemade Happiness:
Slightly Twisted Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern
– Get the free pattern below or purchase the ad-free, printable PDF in my shop HERE
– PIN for later HERE
– Add to your Ravelry Queue HERE
1 skein bulky weight wool in Scattered Thoughts (any bulky weight yarn will work)
L/8.0 mm hook
Easy to intermediate
Pattern notes & stitches to know
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
hdc blo – half double crochet back loop only
hdc 3rd loop
· written in US terms
· ch 2 does not count as hdc
· Row 1 is the circumference of the ear warmer. To adjust the size, add or take out foundation hdc. This row can be any number. There is no required multiple.
· Sizes: Pattern is written in 2 sizes, Kid’s and Adult consecutively. Example, when the pattern gives the end of the row count as (45, 55), the 45 is the kid’s size and the 55 is the adult.
Approx. Finished Size:
Circumference: Kids (19”) Adult (21”)
Length: Kids (3”) Adult (4”)
SLIGHTLY TWISTED EAR WARMER CROCHET PATTERN
Row 1: starting in the 3rd ch from the hook, foundation hdc 45, 55 (45, 55 hdc) (or ch 47, 57, hdc in the 3rd ch from the hook and across)
Row 2: ch 2, turn, hdc in the 3rd loop in each stitch across (45, 55 hdc)
Row 3: ch 2, turn, hdc blo in each stitch across (45, 55 hdc)
Repeat Rows 2 & 3 to Row 6, 8 (45, 55 hdc)
Fasten off. Leave a long end for sewing.
Lay the rectangle right side up, horizontally. Fold both ends. Bring them up together. In the first photo the corners are labelled 1 & 2 on the left and 3 & 4 on the right. Place corner 3 inside of the fold on the left. Place corner 2 inside of the fold on the right. Hold them tightly together. Sew it closed with a whip stitch. Make sure to go through all 4 layers. Fasten off. Weave in the ends.
And you’re done with this ear warmer! I hope you love it!